Toronto is a bustling place of commerce and industry, in addition to being the most populous city. It is home to a number of conglomerates and international companies and there is an ongoing need for tax lawyers.
Our mission at Topmarké Attorneys is to assist corporate clients as well as individuals in legal disputes. Toronto serves as the headquarters for many multinational companies, and our tax litigation services are designed to help you when you run into disputes with The Department of Justice or the Canada Revenue Agency.
Areas of legal disputes that we represent:
- Arbitrary Assessments
- Denial of Credits and Benefits
- Denial of Deductions
- Internal appeals on Notice of Objection
- Pre as well as post Assessment Review
We also cover a number of legal applications which include:
- Tax-payer Relief Applications – This area is where we assist our clients in reducing their debts in taxes. It combats the increase in the amount of interest as well as the penalties levied by the CRA.
- Negotiation with CRA penalties – We understand that negotiating with the penalties levied by the CRA can be tough to negotiate without representation. This is especially true when the penalties are severe such as seizures and garnishments.
The team at Topmarké Attorneys negotiates with the CRA in such types of cases. We have been able to facilitate the lifting of the enforcement and also negotiating a plan for voluntary payment in the majority of the cases we represented.
- Voluntary Disclosure – We also prepare applications for our Toronto clients who could not report their offshore or income reports on time. In many cases, this can attract severe penalties from the CRA. So these applications give an opportunity for our clients to rectify the errors without attracting harsh penalties.
Additional service you can use from Topmarké Attorneys
Our legal team also offers tax planning services to our clients all over Toronto. This includes both business establishments as well as individuals. Our strategies are not only cost-effective but are designed to meet the growing needs of the corporate world.
Through our tax planning services, many of the business establishments have been able to access many benefits such as pay taxes at lower rates, obtain eligible deductions, and pay taxes at a later date, among others.
We have an extensive tax planning package that covers the following areas:
- Corporate structuring
- International trade
- Foreign incorporation
- Tax burdens