Topmarké Attorneys offers commercial litigation for clients all over Toronto. The city is home to diverse commercial establishments and, therefore, there is a constant need for legal services.
Our team of lawyers combines their extensive range of experience to approach commercial disputes. Each litigator under our banner has long years of representing clients all over the courts in Toronto. This makes us very well versed in the dynamics of commercial disputes in the country.
There are two ways in which we serve our clients:
- Legal advice – We provide expert advice which is aimed to avoid risks as well as minimize them. This is possible through the implementation of alternative dispute resolution strategies and negotiation by appeal lawyers on our team.
During the legal advice period, we understand how important it is to keep the businesses running for our clients, so we ensure minimal disruption. Unless the dispute is complex and the consequences are severe, we have been able to resolve most issues with legal advice and intervention.
- Legal representation – Some complex litigation matters cannot be resolved by mere legal counsel/advise. In these situations, we represent our clients in all levels of courts. The team at Topmarké Attorneys have years of representing our clients over injunctive remedies in numerous cases. The decisive representation in the federal courts mitigates the risk of our clients getting exposed to new legal problems.
In most cases, legal representation is also coupled with legal advice. This is necessary so that we can identify the risks and implement the best strategies for our clients.
Commercial litigation is a broad practice area that encompasses all disputes that potentially arise in a business context. Commercial disputes may take on various forms, from breach of contract to shareholder disputes. Every litigious situation gives rise to a wide variety of remedies and recourses, such as an action for damages, a motion for an injunction, or a seizure before judgment. Furthermore, depending on their nature, such disputes can fall under the jurisdiction of several courts, each with its own set of rules.
Areas of commercial litigation covered by our team.
- Disputes related to contracts
- Debt collection
- Administrative Law
- Disputes pertaining to tenant and landlord
- Insolvency and corporate restructuring
- Injunctive remedies
- Estate litigation for trusts and wills
- Real estate litigation
- Disputes related to shareholders
- Professional negligence
- Legal disputes related to construction
- Tax disputes
- Franchise litigation
Why a different approach is required for commercial litigation.
Disputes related to commercial litigation can be complicated and lengthy. To understand the intricacies of their business, we use a one on one approach for every client. Identifying the risks and mitigating them to avoid lengthy proceedings in the court becomes feasible through this method.
This customized approach also keeps the legal proceedings cost-effective, which is what every client desires.
Don’t hesitate to call us today for any legal disputes related to your business and schedule your initial consultation.