Oluwakemi Oduwole, also known as Kemi, the Managing Partner (MP) at Topmarké Attorneys, LLP is a founding partner of the firm since it’s inception in 2016 and oversees the Canadian offices of the firm. With over 20 years’ prowess specializing in immigration law, workplace assessment and investigation, mental health law and legal education, Kemi heads the litigation and training departments of the firm.
Kemi Oduwole has a Master of Laws degree from both University of Toronto and University of Lagos. Prior to this, Kemi completed her Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) at the Ogun State University, Nigeria, before proceeding to the Nigerian Law School to obtain her Barrister-at-Law degree. Called to the Nigerian bar in 1998, Kemi practiced law extensively in the areas of corporate/commercial law, civil litigation in Nigeria. Aside from her practice of law, Kemi taught law in the Nigerian Law School, particularly in the areas of Corporate Law, Legal Drafting, Professional Ethics, and Responsibility.
Kemi is a member of the Ontario Bar, since 2013 and also a member of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries, UK, since 2006. She is also a published author who has published law texts and several journal articles and has presented research papers in conferences in Asia, Africa, and North America.
Passionate about helping others, Kemi contributes to the community and legal profession through her numerous publications, student mentorship, frequent presentations, and volunteer work. Kemi is also reputed for her leadership, teaching, and mentorship skills (especially of young lawyers) and the ability to navigate difficult and sensitive legal matters. Through her activities and skills, she continues to promote the firm’s long-standing history, reputation for the promotion and advancement of women in leadership roles. She is fluent in English, Pidgin English and Yoruba.
- Member, Association of Workplace Investigators (AWI)
- Member, Law and Mental Disorder Association (LAMDA)
- Member, Institute of Chartered Secretaries, UK (ICS)
- Member, Law Society of Ontario, Canada
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Member, Canada Association of Nigerian lawyers
- Member, Canada Association of Black Lawyers
- Member, Black Female Lawyers Network
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitration (UK)
- Member, Institute of Corporate Directors